Two streaking teams hit the court when the Winthrop Eagles (21-8, 14-2 Big South) host the High Point Panthers (14-17, 7-9 Big South) on Friday, March 4, 2022 at 6:00 PM ET. The Eagles will put their eight-game win streak on the line against the Panthers, winners of three straight. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Eagles’ (to win on the moneyline) game with the Panthers ( ).
This article uses lines current as of March 4, 2022 at 12:00 AM ET. Browse all the current odds for this game in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Winthrop vs High Point Betting Odds
Winthrop Offense Vs. High Point Defense
|Winthrop Offense||Stats (Rank)||High Point Defense|
|76 (57)||Points/Gm||69.8 (202)|
|68.8 (147)||Possessions/Game||68.6 (162)|
|48.9 (8)||Field Goal %||43.1 (173)|
|37.6 (26)||3PT %||29.4 (16)|
|57 (7)||Effective FG %||48.5 (128)|
|60 (6)||True Shooting %||51.7 (143)|
High Point Offense Vs. Winthrop Defense
|High Point Offense||Stats (Rank)||Winthrop Defense|
|70.1 (205)||Points/Gm||70.7 (221)|
|68.3 (171)||Possessions/Game||70.3 (243)|
|44.6 (144)||Field Goal %||43.3 (185)|
|33.8 (186)||3PT %||34.5 (228)|
|50.3 (189)||Effective FG %||50.4 (221)|
|53.3 (201)||True Shooting %||53.7 (232)|
Winthrop Betting Insights
- Winthrop has covered 10 times in 27 matchups with a spread this season.
- The Eagles have covered the spread four times this season (4-5 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- A total of 15 out of Winthrop’s 27 games this season have hit the over.
- In 14 of 27 games this season, Winthrop and its opponents have scored more than 143 points.
- Eagles outings this year have an average total of 143.3, 0.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
High Point Betting Insights
- High Point has covered 17 times in 28 games with a spread this season.
- The Panthers are 6-2 ATS this season when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- So far this season, 15 out of High Point’s 28 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- High Point has combined with its opponent to score more than 143 points in 11 of 28 games this season.
- The average over/under for Panthers contests this season is 134.7, 8.3 fewer points than this game’s total.
College BasketBall Pools
$20 Free Play On First Deposit
Plus 20% deposit match up to $500
To Claim: Click Play Now
2 FREE ENTRIES
With a $10 Deposit
Deposit $10 and Get 2 Free Entries
Free NBA and One Sports Contest Entry
Watch Sports, Play Fantasy, Win Cash!
To Claim: Click Play Now
Winthrop Key Players
- The Eagles scoring leader is D.J. Burns, who averages 15.3 points per game.
- Drew Buggs leads Winthrop with 4.3 assists a game and Cory Hightower paces the team with 5.6 rebounds per contest.
- Patrick Good is the top three-point shooter for the Eagles, knocking down 2.7 per game.
- Winthrop’s steals leader is Good, who averages 1.2 per game. Chase Claxton leads the team averaging 0.7 blocks a contest.
High Point Key Players
- John-Michael Wright holds the top spot on the Panthers scoring and assist lists, tallying 18.2 points and 3.5 assists per game.
- When it comes to rebounds, Zach Austin is the High Point leader with eight per game.
- Austin is tops from three-point range for the Panthers, knocking down 2.2 treys per game.
- Bryant Randleman tops High Point in steals with 1.5 per game, and Austin leads the squad in blocks with 2.2 per game.