The Washington Nationals (33-65) and Los Angeles Dodgers (64-31) meet Tuesday at 10:10 p.m. ET for the 2nd game of a 3-game set at Dodger Stadium. Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Nationals vs. Dodgers odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Season series: tied 2-2.
The Nationals won Monday’s opener 4-1 and have now won back-to-back games for the first time since June 27-28. A Washington pitching staff that clocked a 5.90 ERA from July 5-23 has yielded just 4 runs over its last 2 games.
The Dodgers went into Monday toting an 8-game win streak. Los Angeles has not lost consecutive home games since June 4-5. Since then, the Dodgers are 17-4 at Chavez Ravine.
Nationals at Dodgers projected starters
RHP Josiah Gray vs. RHP Mitch White
Gray (7-6, 4.40 ERA) owns a 1.27 WHIP, 3.8 BB/9 and 10.4 K/9 through 92 IP across 17 starts.
- Has filed a 12.6 K/9 over his last 4 starts, but he’s allowed 13 ER in his last 16 2/3 IP.
- Was shellacked by the Dodgers in a home start May 24 when he allowed 7 runs on 5 hits (3 home runs) and 3 walks across just 3 innings pitched.
White (1-2, 3.78 ERA) owns a 1.22 WHIP, 3.4 BB/9 and 7.7 K/9 through 50 IP in 14 games (9 starts).
- Has authored an 0.59 ERA over his last 3 starts in Chavez Ravine and owns a 2.88 home ERA for the season.
- Has been helped along by a .255 batting average on balls in play.
Nationals at Dodgers odds and lines
- Money line: Nationals +200 (bet $100 to win $200) | Dodgers -250 (bet $250 to win $100)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Nationals +1.5 (-103) | Dodgers -1.5 (-117)
- Over/Under (O/U): 8.5 (O: -130 | U: +105)
Nationals at Dodgers picks and predictions
Dodgers 4, Nationals 3
Underlying pitching numbers point to some value on the visitors’ side here. However, the all-around pricing of this match-up leaves much to be desired PASS, and perhaps keep an eye on the line. The Nats would have a sliver of value at +210.
Run line/Against the spread
NATIONALS +1.5 (-103) does not have a ton of value, but it may well be the closest approximation of leverage at the current prices. Consider a partial-unit play unless the price tilts into plus-money territory.
With White’s numbers being a bit overcooked and Washington’s batting numbers being undercooked (a July BABIP of .247 heading into this week hasn’t helped) — and with a batter’s wind in the forecast and two fly-ballers on the mound — the Over is the lean in principle.
However, the pricing here nixes any value AVOID unless the tag on 8-1/2 runs drops to -120 or better.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
BaseballHQ Fantasy Baseball
BaseballPress.com: Your source for every MLB lineup