A berth in the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament will go to either the No. 2 Villanova Wildcats (28-7) or the No. 11 Michigan Wolverines (19-14) when the teams square off in the Sweet 16. The game begins at 7:29 PM on Thursday at . Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Wildcats’ (to win on the moneyline) game versus the Wolverines ( ).
The betting insights in the article below reflect odds as of March 21, 2022 at 4:00 AM ET.
Get a $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at BetMGM today! Sign up here and use Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS
Villanova vs Michigan Betting Odds
Villanova Offense Vs. Michigan Defense
|Villanova Offense||Stats (Rank)||Michigan Defense|
|72.8 (122)||Points/Gm||69.6 (192)|
|62.9 (348)||Possessions/Game||66.3 (62)|
|43.9 (185)||Field Goal %||44.4 (240)|
|36.2 (55)||3PT %||32.4 (120)|
|52.2 (94)||Effective FG %||49.9 (197)|
|57.2 (35)||True Shooting %||53.6 (230)|
Michigan Offense Vs. Villanova Defense
|Michigan Offense||Stats (Rank)||Villanova Defense|
|73.2 (113)||Points/Gm||62.9 (26)|
|66.4 (263)||Possessions/Game||63.9 (17)|
|47.1 (34)||Field Goal %||40.9 (44)|
|33.9 (175)||3PT %||30.7 (41)|
|52.6 (77)||Effective FG %||47.5 (77)|
|56.4 (64)||True Shooting %||50.9 (91)|
Villanova Betting Insights
- Villanova is 20-16-1 ATS this season.
- The Wildcats have covered the spread 14 times this season (14-13 ATS) when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- Villanova and its opponents have combined to hit the over 16 out of 37 times this season.
- Villanova’s 37 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 135.5 points 18 times.
- The Wildcats have an average total of 136 in their games this year, 0.5 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Michigan Betting Insights
- Michigan has covered 14 times in 33 chances against the spread this year.
- When playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs this year, the Wolverines have an ATS record of 4-1.
- In Michigan’s 33 chances this year, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 20 times.
- Michigan’s games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 135.5 points in 23 of 33 outings.
- Wolverines contests this season have a 140-point average over/under, 4.5 more points than this game’s total.
College BasketBall Pools
$20 Free Play On First Deposit
Plus 20% deposit match up to $500
To Claim: Click Play Now
FREE NBA ENTRY
On Sign Up
Deposit $10 and Get 2 More Free Entries
Free NBA and One Sports Contest Entry
Watch Sports, Play Fantasy, Win Cash!
To Claim: Click Play Now
Villanova Key Players
- The Wildcats points and assists leader is Collin Gillespie. He racks up 16 points per game and contributes 3.4 assists.
- Villanova is led in rebounds by Jermaine Samuels’ 6.4 per game.
- Gillespie knocks down three treys per game to lead the Wildcats.
- Villanova’s steals leader is Brandon Slater, who averages 1.1 per game. Samuels leads the team averaging 0.7 blocks a game.
Michigan Key Players
- Hunter Dickinson holds the top Wolverines spot in two categories: scoring (18.7 points per game) and rebounding (8.4 rebounds per game).
- The Michigan leader in assists is DeVante Jones with 4.6 assists per game.
- Caleb Houstan makes more threes per game than any other member of the Wolverines, cashing in 1.8 treys per game.
- Nobody on Michigan grabs more steals than Eli Brooks (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Dickinson (1.5 per game).