The Texas Southern Tigers (14-11, 12-4 SWAC) will attempt to extend a three-game winning streak when they host the Alcorn State Braves (12-15, 11-4 SWAC) at 8:30 PM ET on Monday, February 28, 2022. The Braves have also won three games in a row. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Tigers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest with the Braves ( ).
The betting trends in the following article reference odds valid as of February 27, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET. Head to the table below for the latest lines for this outing and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
Texas Southern vs Alcorn State Betting Odds
Texas Southern Offense Vs. Alcorn State Defense
|Texas Southern Offense||Stats (Rank)||Alcorn State Defense|
|68.5 (250)||Points/Gm||70.8 (226)|
|79.6 (15)||Possessions/Game||68.5 (154)|
|45.4 (104)||Field Goal %||46.2 (319)|
|30.8 (313)||3PT %||34.8 (249)|
|49.8 (214)||Effective FG %||52.5 (308)|
|45.9 (348)||True Shooting %||55 (291)|
Alcorn State Offense Vs. Texas Southern Defense
|Alcorn State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Texas Southern Defense|
|65.1 (313)||Points/Gm||65.9 (83)|
|67.4 (220)||Possessions/Game||70.6 (263)|
|41.2 (317)||Field Goal %||40.7 (41)|
|32 (269)||3PT %||29.5 (18)|
|46 (334)||Effective FG %||46.1 (31)|
|49.9 (314)||True Shooting %||47.6 (10)|
Texas Southern Betting Insights
- Texas Southern has won 14 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover 11 times.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 5-4 when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites this season.
- So far this season, 10 out of Texas Southern’s 25 games have gone over the point total.
- Texas Southern’s games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 133.5 points 12 times.
- The Tigers have an average total of 137.2 in their contests this year, 3.7 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Alcorn State Betting Insights
- Alcorn State has won 17 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover 10 times.
- When playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs this year, the Braves have an ATS record of 10-3.
- So far this year, 13 out of Alcorn State’s 27 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- Alcorn State has played 17 games this season that finished with a combined score over 133.5 points.
- Braves games this year have had a 135-point total on average, 1.5 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
College BasketBall Pools
$20 Free Play On First Deposit
Plus 20% deposit match up to $500
To Claim: Click Play Now
2 FREE ENTRIES
With a $10 Deposit
Deposit $10 and Get 2 Free Entries
Free NBA and One Sports Contest Entry
Watch Sports, Play Fantasy, Win Cash!
To Claim: Click Play Now
Texas Southern Key Players
- The Tigers scoring leader is Joirdon Karl Nichols, who contributes 9.5 points per game.
- Brison Gresham paces Texas Southern with 6.8 rebounds per game and Jordan Gilliam leads the squad with 2.1 assists per contest.
- Bryson Etienne is the top three-point shooter for the Tigers, hitting 1.3 per game.
- Texas Southern’s steals leader is PJ Henry, who grabs one per game. Gresham leads the team averaging two blocks a game.
Alcorn State Key Players
- Justin Thomas’ excellent showing this season give him the top spot on the Braves scoring and assists leaderboards with 10.2 points per game and 3.9 assists per game.
- Dominic Brewton collects all of the boards and is the Alcorn State leader in rebounds, getting five per game.
- Keondre Montgomery is tops from three-point range for the Braves, hitting 1.5 treys per game.
- Nobody on Alcorn State grabs more steals than Thomas (two per game) or blocks more shots than Lenell Henry (1.2 per game).