The Texas Rangers (45-54) and Los Angeles Angels (42-58) clash in the 3rd game of a 4-game series Saturday. First pitch for the AL West showdown from Angel Stadium is at 9:07 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Rangers vs. Angels odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Season series: Texas leads 7-4
The Rangers have taken the first 2 games of this series and have won 3 in a row over the Halos. Texas has outscored Los Angeles 16-4 over those 3 victories.
The Angels have dropped the first 2 games of this series and are an anemic 7-21 over their last 28 games at home. Los Angeles had played in 4 consecutive shutouts (2 wins, 2 losses) before Friday’s 7-2 loss.
Rangers at Angels projected starters
RHP Glenn Otto vs. RHP Chase Silseth
Otto (4-7, 5.37 ERA) owns a 1.46 WHIP, 4.7 BB/9 and 7.0 K/9 through 67 IP across 14 starts.
- Owns a 6.38 ERA through 20 career starts.
- Owns a 7.09 ERA and 1.61 WHIP over his last 6 starts.
Silseth (1-3, 5.84 ERA) is tabbed for his 7th start of the season. He has a 1.46 WHIP, 2.9 BB/9 and 6.9 K/9 through 24 2/3 IP.
- Has not pitched for the Angels since July 7 when he was tagged for 4 runs on 6 hits and a walk across 4 innings at the Baltimore Orioles.
- Owns a 2.01 ERA and 12.0 K/9 through 40 1/3 Minor League innings this season.
Rangers at Angels odds and lines
- Money line: Rangers +100 (bet $100 to win $100) | Angels -120 (bet $120 to win $100)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Rangers -1.5 (+160) | Angels +1.5 (-200)
- Over/Under (O/U): 8.5 (O: -105 | U: -120)
Rangers at Angels picks and predictions
Angels 4, Rangers 3
The righty-righty matchup is an advantage for the Angels, whose recent losses have been very much colored by awful nights with runners in scoring position.
BACK LOS ANGELES (-120).
Run line/Against the spread
This line has flip-flopped this morning. A play on the Alternate Run Line Los Angeles -1.5 would make sense at +170 or better. It’s +165 for now but keep an eye PASS.
Both starters have been undone by higher-than-average home-run rates on fly balls. The pricing here on a low total is attractive … at -115 PASS OTHERWISE.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
BaseballHQ Fantasy Baseball
BaseballPress.com: Your source for every MLB lineup