The Saint Thomas Tommies (8-18, 2-12 Summit) will attempt to break an 11-game losing streak when they hit the road to play the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (24-4, 15-0 Summit) on Saturday, February 19, 2022 at Frost Arena. The matchup airs at 3:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Jackrabbits’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Tommies ( ).
The betting facts in the article below are based off odds valid as of February 19, 2022 at 12:05 AM ET. Check out the table below for the latest odds for this game and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
South Dakota State vs St. Thomas Betting Odds
South Dakota State Offense Vs. St. Thomas Defense
|South Dakota State Offense||Stats (Rank)||St. Thomas Defense|
|86.9 (2)||Points/Gm||74.7 (313)|
|71.7 (62)||Possessions/Game||70.1 (234)|
|52.7 (2)||Field Goal %||48.0 (351)|
|45.3 (1)||3PT %||36.4 (318)|
|60.9 (1)||Effective FG %||55.5 (356)|
|64.1 (1)||True Shooting %||56.0 (326)|
St. Thomas Offense Vs. South Dakota State Defense
|St. Thomas Offense||Stats (Rank)||South Dakota State Defense|
|73.9 (108)||Points/Gm||73.2 (284)|
|67.4 (223)||Possessions/Game||73.3 (322)|
|43.9 (189)||Field Goal %||43.8 (222)|
|35.6 (80)||3PT %||35.3 (268)|
|53.0 (67)||Effective FG %||51.0 (251)|
|55.1 (123)||True Shooting %||52.3 (183)|
South Dakota State Betting Insights
- South Dakota State is 14-12-0 ATS this season.
- The Jackrabbits have been favored by 18.5 points or more four times this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- In South Dakota State’s 26 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 14 times.
- In 12 of 26 games this season, South Dakota State and its opponents have combined to score more than 157.5 points.
- The average point total in Jackrabbits contests this year is 158.1, 0.6 more than this matchup’s over/under.
St. Thomas Betting Insights
- St. Thomas is 9-14-0 ATS this year.
- The Tommies have won their only game this year when playing as at least 18.5-point underdogs.
- St. Thomas’ games have gone over the point total 10 out of 23 times this year.
- St. Thomas has played five games this season that ended with a combined score over 157.5 points.
- The average total for Tommies games this season is 148.5 points, 9.0 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
College BasketBall Pools
$20 Free Play On First Deposit
Plus 20% deposit match up to $500
To Claim: Click Play Now
2 FREE ENTRIES
With a $10 Deposit
Deposit $10 and Get 2 Free Entries
Free NBA and One Sports Contest Entry
Watch Sports, Play Fantasy, Win Cash!
To Claim: Click Play Now
South Dakota State Key Players
- Baylor Scheierman leads the Jackrabbits in assists and rebounds. He averages 4.5 assists and 8.4 rebounds per game.
- South Dakota State is led in scoring by Doug Wilson’s 15.5 points per game.
- The Jackrabbits are led by Scheierman from beyond the arc. He knocks down 2.1 shots from deep per game.
- Scheierman leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Wilson collects 0.7 blocks a contest to pace South Dakota State.
St. Thomas Key Players
- R. Miller owns the Tommies top spot in scoring with 15.3 points per game and also tacks on 2.9 rebounds and 2.4 assists per contest.
- The St. Thomas leaders in rebounds and assists are P. Bjorklund (6.2 rebounds per game) and A. Nelson (2.9 assists per game).
- Miller leads the Tommies in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.6 made threes per game.
- Nobody on St. Thomas grabs more steals than B. Allen (0.9 per game) or blocks more shots than Bjorklund (0.6 per game).