At Nationals Park on Sunday, the Washington Nationals (four consecutive defeats) face the San Francisco Giants at 1:35 PM ET.
As the favorite, the Giants (-206 on the moneyline) play at the Nationals (+173). The Giants will start Logan Webb (1-1) versus the Nationals and Joan Adon (1-2).
Yesterday, the Giants picked up a 5-2 victory over the Nationals, with Alex Wood (5.0 IP, 2 R, 4 H, 5 K) registering the win for the Giants. Wilmer Flores went 2-for-4 with a double to lead the offensive attack. Aaron Sanchez (4.1 IP, 4 R, 6 H, 1 K) was credited with the loss for the Nationals.
Before this Giants vs. Nationals matchup, here’s what you need to prepare for Sunday’s MLB action.
- Favorite: Giants (-206, bet $206 to win $100)
- Underdog: Nationals (+173, bet $100 to win $173)
- Over/under: 8
Giants Stats and Trends
Giants Betting Records
- This season, the Giants have been favored 11 times and won nine, or 81.8%, of those games.
- San Francisco has not been a bigger favorite this season than the -206 moneyline set for this game.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Giants have a 67.3% chance to win.
- So far this season, San Francisco and its opponents have hit the over in five of their 16 games with a total.
- The Giants have an ATS record of 8-7-0 in 15 games with a spread this season.
Logan Webb (Giants Probable Starter)
- Webb (1-1) will take to the mound for the Giants and make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs in 3 2/3 innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the New York Mets.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 2.55, 5.6 strikeouts per nine innings and a batting average against of .224 in three games this season.
- The Nationals have scored 59 runs this season, which ranks 15th in MLB. They have 123 hits, eighth in baseball, with 10 home runs (26th in the league).
- The 25-year-old ranks 26th in ERA (2.55), 27th in WHIP (1.075), and 51st in K/9 (5.6) among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Giants Batting Stats
- The Giants’ 15 home runs rank fifth in Major League Baseball.
- Hitters for the Giants combine for a team rank 14th of in the majors with a .366 team slugging percentage.
- San Francisco has a team batting average of .230 this season, which ranks 17th among MLB teams.
- The Giants have scored 67 runs this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- San Francisco has an on-base percentage of .302 this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- The Giants rank 22nd with an average of 9.1 strikeouts per game.
Nationals Stats and Trends
Nationals Betting Records
- The Nationals have come away with four wins in the 12 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Washington has been listed as an underdog of +173 or more on two occasions this season and won both games.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 36.6% chance of pulling out a win.
- Washington’s games have gone over the total in six of their 17 opportunities.
- The Nationals are 5-12-0 against the spread in their 17 games that had a posted line this season.
Joan Adon (Nationals Probable Starter)
- Adon gets the start for the Nationals, his fourth of the season. He is 1-2 with a 5.87 ERA and 13 strikeouts through 15 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Tuesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, the right-hander tossed 6 1/3 scoreless innings while surrendering three hits.
- The 23-year-old has put up an ERA of 5.87, with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings in three games this season. Opposing batters have a .262 batting average against him.
- Adon is trying to secure his second quality start of the season in this outing.
- Adon will try to collect his second matchup of five or more innings pitched this season. He’s averaging 5.0 innings per appearance.
- He will face a Giants offense that ranks 13th in the league with 115 total hits (on a .230 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .366 (14th in the league) with 15 total home runs (fifth in MLB play).
Nationals Batting Stats
- The Nationals have hit the fifth-fewest home runs in MLB play this season (10).
- So far this season, the Nationals’ .318 slugging percentage is the third-lowest average in the league.
- Washington’s .222 batting average ranks 20th in the league.
- The offense for the Nationals is the No. 15 offense in MLB play scoring 3.5 runs per game (59 total runs).
- Washington’s .292 on-base percentage is 22nd in baseball.
- The Nationals’ 7.9 strikeouts per game rank 19th in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Giants vs. Nationals: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Sunday, April 24, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Stadium: Nationals Park
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)