The Penn State Nittany Lions (12-15, 7-12 Big Ten) will try to stop a seven-game road slide when they visit the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (17-12, 11-8 Big Ten) on Sunday, March 6, 2022 at Rutgers Athletic Center. The matchup airs at 12:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Scarlet Knights’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup against the Nittany Lions ( ).
The betting facts in what follows use the latest odds as of March 6, 2022 at 12:00 AM ET. Keep scrolling for a look at all of the latest odds for this outing and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Rutgers vs Penn State Betting Odds
Rutgers Offense Vs. Penn State Defense
|Rutgers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Penn State Defense|
|68 (258)||Points/Gm||65.5 (68)|
|65.3 (307)||Possessions/Game||63.4 (11)|
|44.3 (163)||Field Goal %||41.4 (71)|
|33.7 (191)||3PT %||35.3 (279)|
|49.6 (221)||Effective FG %||48.2 (113)|
|52.8 (223)||True Shooting %||51.7 (140)|
Penn State Offense Vs. Rutgers Defense
|Penn State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Rutgers Defense|
|64.9 (314)||Points/Gm||65.4 (64)|
|62.5 (352)||Possessions/Game||65.2 (33)|
|43.5 (219)||Field Goal %||41.5 (81)|
|34.6 (132)||3PT %||34.4 (225)|
|50.9 (154)||Effective FG %||48.4 (121)|
|53.6 (189)||True Shooting %||52 (155)|
Rutgers Betting Insights
- Rutgers has covered 13 times in 29 games with a spread this season.
- The Scarlet Knights have covered the spread twice this season (2-5 ATS) when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- Rutgers and its opponents have combined to hit the over 15 out of 29 times this season.
- Rutgers and its opponents have combined to score more than 125.5 points in 24 of 29 games this season.
- Scarlet Knights contests this year have an average point total of 134.2, 8.7 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Penn State Betting Insights
- Penn State has covered 15 times in 28 chances against the spread this season.
- The Nittany Lions are 6-3 ATS this year when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- A total of 10 Penn State games this year have gone over the point total.
- Penn State has played 16 games this season that ended with a combined score higher than 125.5 points.
- The Nittany Lions’ average game total this season has been 133.8, 8.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
College BasketBall Pools
$20 Free Play On First Deposit
Plus 20% deposit match up to $500
To Claim: Click Play Now
2 FREE ENTRIES
With a $10 Deposit
Deposit $10 and Get 2 Free Entries
Free NBA and One Sports Contest Entry
Watch Sports, Play Fantasy, Win Cash!
To Claim: Click Play Now
Rutgers Key Players
- Ron Harper Jr. leads the Scarlet Knights in scoring, racking up 15.8 points per game.
- Clifford Omoruyi paces Rutgers with eight rebounds a game and Paul Mulcahy leads the team with 5.1 assists per contest.
- Harper Jr. hits 2.1 treys per game to lead the Scarlet Knights.
- Rutgers’ steals leader is Caleb McConnell, who averages 2.2 per game. Omoruyi leads the team averaging 1.3 blocks an outing.
Penn State Key Players
- The Nittany Lions go-to guy, Jalen Pickett, leads the team in both scoring (13 points per game) and assists (4.3 assists per game).
- When it comes to rebounds, John Harrar is the Penn State leader with 10 per game.
- Seth Lundy leads the Nittany Lions in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.3 made threes per game.
- Pickett is a defensive force for Penn State, leading the team in both steals (1.1 per game) and blocks (0.7 per game).