The New York Mets (15-6) will host the Philadelphia Phillies (11-11), in the final game of a three-game series, Sunday at 7:08 PM ET.
The Mets are favored at home (-185) against the Phillies (+159). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Mets looking to Max Scherzer (3-0), and Zach Eflin (1-1) taking the ball for the Philadelphia Phillies.
These clubs meet again after the Phillies’ 4-1 victory over the Mets yesterday. James Norwood (1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 K) earned the win for the Phillies. Kyle Schwarber went 1-for-4 with a home run and two RBI to lead the team on offense. Adam Ottavino (0.2 IP, 3 R, 2 H, 1 K) took the loss on the mound for the Mets.
Here is what you need to prepare for Sunday’s Mets vs. Phillies matchup.
- Favorite: Mets (-185, bet $185 to win $100)
- Underdog: Phillies (+159, bet $100 to win $159)
- Over/under: 6.5
Mets Betting Records
- The Mets have been favorites in 19 games this season and won 15 (78.9%) of those contests.
- New York has played as a favorite of -185 or more twice this season and won both games.
- The implied probability of a win from the Mets, based on the moneyline, is 64.9%.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in seven of their 22 games with a total.
- The Mets have an ATS record of 14-7-0 in 21 games with a spread this season.
Max Scherzer (Mets Probable Starter)
- The Mets will send Scherzer (3-0) to the mound for his fifth start this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Monday, when he threw seven scoreless innings against the St. Louis Cardinals while allowing two hits.
- The 37-year-old has pitched to a 1.80 ERA this season with 11.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.9 walks per nine across four games.
- He’s going for his third straight quality start.
- Scherzer has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Phillies have scored 100 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They have 174 hits, seventh in baseball, with 21 home runs (10th in the league).
- The Phillies have gone 5-for-19 with a double and an RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
- The 37-year-old ranks 14th in ERA (1.80), sixth in WHIP (.760), and seventh in K/9 (11.9) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Mets Batting Stats
- The Mets have hit 18 homers this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- Hitters for the Mets combine for a team rank 14th of in the majors with a .379 team slugging percentage.
- New York’s .252 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking third in MLB.
- The Mets are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking 10th with 93 total runs this season.
- New York gets on base at a .340 clip, best in the league.
- The Mets have shown patience at the plate this season with the fifth-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.7) among MLB offenses.
Phillies Stats and Trends
Phillies Betting Records
- The Phillies have been underdogs in six games this season and have come away with the win two times (33.3%) in those contests.
- Philadelphia has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +159.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Phillies have a 38.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 10 of their 22 opportunities.
- In 22 games with a line this season, the Phillies have a mark of 11-11-0 against the spread.
Zach Eflin (Phillies Probable Starter)
- Eflin (1-1) gets the starting nod for the Phillies in his fifth start of the season. He has a 4.12 ERA in 19 2/3 innings pitched, with 15 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Tuesday, the righty tossed six innings against the Colorado Rockies, giving up one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- In four games this season, the 28-year-old has an ERA of 4.12, with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .257 against him.
- Eflin is looking to secure his second quality start of the season.
- Eflin will look to pitch five or more innings for his third straight start. He’s averaging 4.3 frames per outing.
- He will face a Mets offense that ranks sixth in the league with 177 total hits (on a .252 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .379 (14th in the league) with 18 total home runs (19th in MLB play).
Phillies Batting Stats
- The Phillies rank 10th in MLB action with 21 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- This season, the Phillies are seventh in baseball with a .400 slugging percentage.
- Philadelphia’s .244 batting average is seventh-best in the league.
- The Phillies score the fourth-most runs in baseball (100 total, 4.5 per game).
- Philadelphia is 10th in the league with a .318 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies strike out 8.5 times per game to rank 18th in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Mets vs. Phillies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Sunday, May 1, 2022
- Game Time: 7:08 PM ET
- Stadium: Citi Field
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)