The New York Mets (11-4) seek to pick up a road series win in game two of their three-game set Saturday against the Arizona Diamondbacks (5-9). First pitch is 8:10 p.m ET at Chase Field. Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Mets vs. Diamondbacks odds with MLB picks and predictions.
The Mets won the first game of the series Friday 6-5 in 10 innings to improve to 3-1 against the Diamondbacks this season.
The Mets are winners of five of their last six games and are in first place in the NL East early in the season with a four-game lead over the Atlanta Braves.
The Diamondbacks had their two-game win streak snapped with Friday’s loss. It was the first time this season that they had won consecutive games.
Mets at Diamondbacks projected starters
RHP Trevor Williams vs. RHP Humberto Castellanos
Williams (0-1, 0.00 ERA) makes his first start of the season in his third appearance. He has allowed 2 runs (0 earned) on 4 hits with 1 strikeout across 1 2/3 innings in two relief appearances.
- Held the Diamondbacks scoreless over 2/3 IP in relief Sunday with 2 H and 1 K in his last appearance.
- Is 2-3 with a 2.65 ERA in six starts and one relief appearance in his career versus Arizona.
Castellanos (0-0, 2.57 ERA) makes his second start and fourth appearance of the year. He has allowed 3 R (2 ER) on 6 H and 4 BB with 3 K across 7 IP.
- Tossed 4 scoreless innings with 1 H, 3 BB and 1 K in a 5-0 loss at the Mets Sunday in his first start of the season.
- Is 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA across five starts and five relief appearances in his career at Chase Field.
Mets at Diamondbacks odds and lines
- Money line (ML): Mets -155 (bet $155 to win $100) | Diamondbacks +125 (bet $100 to win $125)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Mets -1.5 (+105) | Diamondbacks +1.5 (-130)
- Over/Under (O/U): 9.5 (O: -107 | U: -115)
Mets at Diamondbacks picks and predictions
Diamondbacks 4, Mets 3
The Diamondbacks have won at least one game in every series this season. This game seems to give them a good bet, facing Williams in his first start of the year. They have been hitting the ball better, having scored 20 runs in the last three games after only netting 1 run in the previous three.
OF David Peralta has a .313 career average with a homer against Williams.
Castellanos pitched well in his last outing and Arizona has been getting good outings out of their starters.
Take DIAMONDBACKS (+125).
Run line/Against the spread
The Diamondbacks have been the underdog in every game they have played this season. They have covered the spread in four straight games and are 7-3 ATS in their last 10.
The Mets are 10-5 ATS this season overall and 2-2 ATS against the Diamondbacks.
However, expecting this game to be the one in which Arizona sneaks a win, take the DIAMONDBACKS +1.5 (-130).
Half of the Mets’ games this season have finished with totals of 9 runs or more.
Only four games for Arizona have had 9 or more runs. Four of Arizona’s five wins have had totals of 7 or fewer runs.
Take UNDER 9.5 (-115).