The Milwaukee Brewers (49-40) open a 4-game road series against the San Francisco Giants (45-42) Thursday. First pitch is 9:45 p.m. ET at Oracle Park. Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Brewers vs. Giants odds with MLB picks and predictions.
This is the first meeting between the 2 teams this season. The Brewers won last year’s season series 4-3.
The Brewers split the 1stseries of their road trip, a 2-game set against the Twins. They have lost 5 of their last 7 games.
The Giants won the final 2 games of their home series against the Diamondbacks to pick up a series win. They have won 4 of their last 5 games.
Brewers at Giants projected starters
RHP Corbin Burnes vs. LHP Carlos Rodon
Burnes (7-4, 2.20 ERA) makes his 18th start. He has a 0.89 WHIP, 2.2 BB/9 and 11.3 K/9 in 106 1/3 IP.
- The Brewers lost his last start 2-1 to the Cubs, although he pitched 7 scoreless innings and struck out 10 batters. He had a no-decision.
- He got the victory in his 4 starts prior to that.
- Has allowed 2 or fewer runs in 12 of his 17 starts this season.
Rodon (8-5, 2.70 ERA) makes his 18th start. He has a 1.06 WHIP, 2.9 BB/9 and 11.2 K/9 in 100 IP.
- Has allowed 2 or fewer runs in 14 of his 17 starts this season, but the Giants are only 8-9 when he pitches.
- Threw a complete game 3-hitter in his last start and picked up the victory in a 3-1 win over the San Diego Padres. He struck out 12.
Brewers at Giants odds and lines
- Money line (ML): Brewers -110 (bet $110 to win $100) | Giants -110 (bet $110 to win $100)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Brewer -1.5 (+165) | Giants +1.5 (-205)
- Over/Under (O/U): 6.5 (O: -108 | U: -112)
Brewers at Giants picks and predictions
Brewers 4, Giants 3
The Brewers’ 28 road wins this season are the 2nd-most in the majors. They have won 5 of their last 8 away games.
However, while they are 9-7 in their last 16 games, they have dropped 5 of their last 7.
They are 10-7 when Burnes starts.
The Giants have won 4 of their last 5 games but are only 5-9 in their last 14. Three of their 5 wins in that stretch came against the last-place Arizona Diamondbacks.
Take the BREWERS (-110).
Run line/Against the spread
Milwaukee actually has the 3rd-worst ATS record in baseball at 38-51 ATS. They are 23-26 ATS on the road.
The Giants are 15-29 ATS at home, but are 4-0 ATS as a home underdog.
This pitching matchup is bound to lead to a close game, so it is tough to lean towards the Brewers, while it isn’t worth the action to bet the Giants at -205 PASS on the run line unless you are including it in a parlay bet.
Only 2 of Burnes’ last 8 starts have had totals of 6 or fewer runs. Eight of Rodon’s 17 starts have had 6 or fewer runs.
Seventeen of the Brewers’ last 20 games have had 7 runs or more total runs.
Ten of the last 12 for the Giants have also had 7 or more runs.
Take OVER 6.5 (-108).
BaseballHQ Fantasy Baseball
BaseballPress.com: Your source for every MLB lineup