The Miami Heat (41-22) play their second game in consecutive days Thursday against the Brooklyn Nets (32-31) in Kevin Durant‘s return to action. Tip-off at the Barclays Center is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET. Below, we look at the Heat vs. Nets odds and lines, and make our expert NBA picks, predictions and bets.
Miami lost a nail-biter Wednesday night to the Bucks 120-119 in Milwaukee on a game-winning bucket by Bucks PG Jrue Holiday in the final seconds. The Heat did cover as 4.5-point underdogs, but the loss snapped a 4-game winning streak.
Brooklyn is 1-3 straight up (SU) and 2-2 against the spread (ATS) since the All-Star break. The Nets enter the game after being swept in a home-and-away back-to-back with the Toronto Raptors.
The Heat are 2-0 SU and 1-1 ATS versus the Nets this season and the total is 1-1 Over/Under (O/U).
Heat at Nets odds, spread and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list. Lines last updated at 11:50 a.m. ET.
- Money line (ML): Heat -140 (bet $140 to win $100) | Nets +115 (bet $100 to win $115)
- Against the spread: Heat -2.5 (-112) | Nets +2.5 (-108)
- Over/Under (O/U): 221.5 (O: -108 | U: -112)
Heat at Nets key injuries
Heat (not officially submitted)
- PG Kyle Lowry (personal reasons) questionable
- C Andre Drummond (knee) probable
- PG Kyrie Irving (ineligible to play) out
- PG Ben Simmons (reconditioning) out
Like this article?
Sign up for the USA TODAY Sportsbook Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning