A pair of clubs in the NL West — the Los Angeles Dodgers (14-7) and the San Francisco Giants (14-8) — clash on Tuesday at 10:10 PM ET, at Dodger Stadium.
The Giants are an away underdog (+155) at the Dodgers (-180). The Dodgers will give the ball to Julio Urias (1-1) against the Giants and Carlos Rodon (3-0).
The Dodgers were vicotrious 6-3 over the Tigers Tuesday in their most recent game. Freddie Freeman went 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI to lead them offensively while Walker Buehler was picked up the victory after throwing five innings without giving up an earned run on six hits, while striking out five.
The Giants lost to the Nationals Tuesday, with Alex Cobb registering the loss while throwing 2/3 of an inning, giving up one earned run on four hits. Mike Ford went 1-for-4 with two RBI to lead the Giants’ offense.
Here’s everything you need to get ready for Tuesday’s Dodgers vs. Giants matchup.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Monday at 11:06 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Dodgers (-180, bet $180 to win $100)
- Underdog: Giants (+155, bet $100 to win $155)
- Over/under: 6.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- This season, the Dodgers have won 14 out of the 23 games, or 60.9%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles has entered 16 games this season favored by -180 or more and is 10-6 in those contests.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Dodgers have a 64.3% chance to win.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in six of their 23 chances.
- The Dodgers are 14-9-0 against the spread in their 23 chances this season.
Julio Urías (Dodgers Probable Starter)
- The Dodgers’ Urias (1-1) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed one hit in six innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 2.50, 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings and a batting average against of .156 in four games this season.
- Urías has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Giants have scored 109 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB. They are batting .237 for the campaign with 24 home runs, seventh in the league.
Dodgers Batting Stats
- The Dodgers rank 13th in Major League Baseball with 21 home runs.
- Hitters for the Dodgers have a combined .384 slugging percentage this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- Los Angeles ranks 13th in MLB with a .237 team batting average.
- The Dodgers are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking seventh with 102 total runs this season.
- Los Angeles is among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .321.
- The Dodgers rank sixth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.1 whiffs per contest.
Giants Stats and Trends
Giants Betting Records
- The Giants have been chosen as underdogs in six games this year and have walked away with the win two times (33.3%) in those games.
- San Francisco has played as an underdog of +155 or more just one time this year and came away with a win in that game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Giants have a 39.2% chance of walking away with the win.
- San Francisco and their opponents have hit the over in 10 of their 23 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Giants are 12-10-0 against the spread in their 22 games that had a posted line this season.
Carlos Rodón (Giants Probable Starter)
- Rodon (3-0) gets the starting nod for the Giants in his fifth start of the season. He’s put together a 1.17 ERA in 23 innings pitched, with 38 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Wednesday against the Oakland Athletics, the left-hander went six innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering three hits.
- The 29-year-old has put up an ERA of 1.17, with 14.9 strikeouts per nine innings in four games this season. Opponents have only a .141 batting average against him.
- Rodon is looking to record his third quality start of the season in this matchup.
- Rodon will look to pitch five or more innings for his fifth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 innings per outing.
- The opposing Dodgers offense has a collective .237 batting average, and is 20th in the league with 163 total hits and seventh in MLB action with 102 runs scored. They have the 10th-ranked slugging percentage (.384) and are 13th in all of MLB with 21 home runs.
- The 29-year-old ranks fourth in ERA (1.17), eighth in WHIP (.826), and first in K/9 (14.9) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Giants Batting Stats
- The Giants average 1.1 home runs per game to rank seventh in MLB play with 24 total home runs .
- So far this year, the Giants rank 14th in the league, slugging .379.
- San Francisco’s .237 batting average ranks 13th in the league.
- The offense for the Giants is No. 2 in baseball scoring 5.0 runs per game (109 total runs).
- San Francisco ranks 11th in baseball with a .315 on-base percentage.
- The Giants’ 8.9 strikeouts per game rank 20th in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Dodgers vs. Giants: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).