A pair of hot teams square off when the No. 5 Kentucky Wildcats (26-6, 14-4 SEC) visit the No. 9 Tennessee Volunteers (24-7, 14-4 SEC) on Saturday, March 12, 2022 at 3:30 PM ET. The Wildcats will put their three-game win streak on the line against the Volunteers, winners of five straight. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Wildcats’ (to win on the moneyline) contest against the Volunteers ( ).
This article refers to betting data current as of March 12, 2022 at 12:01 AM ET. Browse all the up-to-date odds for this matchup in the table below and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
Kentucky vs Tennessee Betting Odds
Kentucky Offense Vs. Tennessee Defense
|Kentucky Offense||Stats (Rank)||Tennessee Defense|
|80.0 (12)||Points/Gm||63.2 (30)|
|68.6 (151)||Possessions/Game||68.3 (152)|
|48.9 (9)||Field Goal %||40.5 (37)|
|35.8 (67)||3PT %||32.1 (97)|
|53.9 (41)||Effective FG %||46.9 (55)|
|57.0 (48)||True Shooting %||50.9 (93)|
Tennessee Offense Vs. Kentucky Defense
|Tennessee Offense||Stats (Rank)||Kentucky Defense|
|73.6 (107)||Points/Gm||65.9 (80)|
|68.2 (172)||Possessions/Game||68.7 (175)|
|43.1 (234)||Field Goal %||41.1 (55)|
|35.5 (80)||3PT %||30.1 (26)|
|50.3 (177)||Effective FG %||46.5 (42)|
|53.8 (177)||True Shooting %||49.8 (50)|
Kentucky Betting Insights
- Kentucky has put together a 16-17-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Wildcats have been favored by 2 points or more 26 times this season, and covered the spread in 13 of those games.
- A total of 17 out of Kentucky’s 33 games this season have gone over the point total.
- Kentucky and its opponents have gone over 139.5 combined points in 21 of 33 games this season.
- Wildcats games this year have an average point total of 144.0, 4.5 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Tennessee Betting Insights
- Tennessee has won 18 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover 13 times.
- The Volunteers have been an underdog by 2 points or more six times this season, and covered the spread in two of those games.
- In Tennessee’s 31 chances this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 14 times.
- Tennessee has combined with its opponent to score more than 139.5 points in 14 of 31 games this season.
- The Volunteers have a 137.8-point average over/under in their outings this season, 1.7 fewer points than this game’s total.
College BasketBall Pools
$20 Free Play On First Deposit
Plus 20% deposit match up to $500
To Claim: Click Play Now
FREE NBA ENTRY
On Sign Up
Deposit $10 and Get 2 More Free Entries
Free NBA and One Sports Contest Entry
Watch Sports, Play Fantasy, Win Cash!
To Claim: Click Play Now
Kentucky Key Players
- The Wildcats points and rebounds leader is Oscar Tshiebwe. He puts up 17.1 points per game and grabs 15.3 rebounds.
- Kentucky’s assists leader is Sahvir Wheeler, who averages 7.1 per game.
- The Wildcats are led by Kellan Grady from beyond the arc. He makes 2.7 shots from deep per game.
- Tshiebwe racks up 1.8 steals and 1.6 blocks per game, both team-high averages.
Tennessee Key Players
- Kennedy Chandler’s strong performances this season give him the top spot on the Volunteers scoring and assists leaderboards with 13.6 points per game and 4.6 assists per game.
- Josiah-Jordan James’ 5.8 rebounds per game paces Tennessee’s rebounding effort. He also adds 9.7 points per game.
- Santiago Vescovi is tops from three-point range for the Volunteers, hitting 2.9 treys per game.
- Nobody on Tennessee grabs more steals than Chandler (2.2 per game) or blocks more shots than James (1.0 per game).