The Kent State Golden Flashes (23-9, 16-4 MAC) will try to continue a 14-game winning streak when they host the Akron Zips (23-9, 14-6 MAC) at 7:30 PM ET on Saturday, March 12, 2022. The Zips have won seven games in a row. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Golden Flashes’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Zips ( ).
The betting facts in the article below are based off odds valid as of March 12, 2022 at 12:01 AM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this game and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Kent State vs Akron Betting Odds
Kent State Offense Vs. Akron Defense
|Kent State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Akron Defense|
|71.5 (159)||Points/Gm||63.1 (27)|
|66.1 (276)||Possessions/Game||64.6 (24)|
|44.0 (179)||Field Goal %||42.2 (122)|
|32.8 (234)||3PT %||33.7 (194)|
|50.6 (160)||Effective FG %||48.1 (108)|
|54.9 (121)||True Shooting %||50.8 (88)|
Akron Offense Vs. Kent State Defense
|Akron Offense||Stats (Rank)||Kent State Defense|
|71.1 (168)||Points/Gm||64.3 (41)|
|63.3 (344)||Possessions/Game||66.6 (74)|
|46.0 (68)||Field Goal %||40.6 (38)|
|35.3 (91)||3PT %||30.4 (39)|
|53.4 (52)||Effective FG %||47.2 (66)|
|57.0 (48)||True Shooting %||51.4 (125)|
Kent State Betting Insights
- Kent State has put together a 17-11-2 ATS record so far this year.
- The Golden Flashes have an ATS record of 11-7-2 when playing as at least 1-point favorites this season.
- A total of 12 out of Kent State’s 30 games this season have hit the over.
- Kent State and its opponents have scored more than 125.5 points in 23 of 30 games this season.
- The Golden Flashes have an average total of 138.5 in their games this year, 13.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Akron Betting Insights
- Akron has compiled a 16-14-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Zips are 9-4 ATS this year when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- A total of 13 Akron games this season have hit the over.
- Akron has played 20 games this season that finished with a combined score higher than 125.5 points.
- Zips contests this season have a 136.5-point average over/under, 11.0 more points than this game’s total.
College BasketBall Pools
$20 Free Play On First Deposit
Plus 20% deposit match up to $500
To Claim: Click Play Now
FREE NBA ENTRY
On Sign Up
Deposit $10 and Get 2 More Free Entries
Free NBA and One Sports Contest Entry
Watch Sports, Play Fantasy, Win Cash!
To Claim: Click Play Now
Kent State Key Players
- Sincere Carry leads the Golden Flashes in scoring (18.5 points per game) and assists (4.9 assists per game).
- Malique Jacobs paces Kent State with 7.8 rebounds per game.
- Carry is the top three-point shooter for the Golden Flashes, hitting 2.3 per game.
- Kent State’s steals leader is Jacobs, who averages 1.5 per game. Justyn Hamilton leads the team averaging 1.3 blocks an outing.
Akron Key Players
- Ali Ali’s strong showing this season give him the top spot on the Zips scoring and assists leaderboards with 14.2 points per game and 2.5 assists per game.
- Enrique Freeman collects all of the boards and is the Akron leader in rebounds, grabbing 10.9 per game.
- Xavier Castaneda leads the Zips in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.3 made threes per game.
- Nobody on Akron grabs more steals than Greg Tribble (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Aziz Bandaogo (1.3 per game).