The Hampton Pirates (9-18, 5-11 Big South) will try to end a three-game road losing streak when they square off against the High Point Panthers (13-17, 7-9 Big South) on Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at Bojangles Coliseum. The matchup airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Panthers’ (to win on the moneyline) game versus the Pirates ( ).
The betting insights in the following article use the latest odds as of March 1, 2022 at 11:58 PM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this contest and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
High Point vs Hampton Betting Odds
High Point Offense Vs. Hampton Defense
|High Point Offense||Stats (Rank)||Hampton Defense|
|69.7 (213)||Points/Gm||69.0 (182)|
|67.9 (194)||Possessions/Game||69.6 (218)|
|44.9 (128)||Field Goal %||41.6 (88)|
|33.7 (191)||3PT %||28.3 (9)|
|50.6 (171)||Effective FG %||46.4 (44)|
|53.6 (188)||True Shooting %||49.4 (40)|
Hampton Offense Vs. High Point Defense
|Hampton Offense||Stats (Rank)||High Point Defense|
|64.3 (326)||Points/Gm||69.6 (198)|
|68.8 (146)||Possessions/Game||68.1 (138)|
|39.9 (341)||Field Goal %||43.2 (178)|
|29.8 (341)||3PT %||29.8 (25)|
|45.2 (347)||Effective FG %||48.7 (144)|
|49.3 (324)||True Shooting %||51.7 (139)|
High Point Betting Insights
- High Point has put together a 16-10-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Panthers have covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- A total of 14 out of High Point’s 27 games this season have gone over the point total.
- In 13 games this season, High Point and its opponents have gone over 137.5 combined points.
- Panthers games this season have had an average of 134.6 points, 2.9 fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Hampton Betting Insights
- Hampton has put together an 11-13-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Pirates have an ATS record of 5-9-1 when playing as at least 6-point underdogs this year.
- Hampton and its opponents have combined to hit the over 11 out of 26 times this year.
- Hampton has combined with its opponents to score more than 137.5 points in eight of 26 games this season.
- The Pirates have had an average of 134.9 points scored in their games so far this season, 2.6 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
College BasketBall Pools
$20 Free Play On First Deposit
Plus 20% deposit match up to $500
To Claim: Click Play Now
2 FREE ENTRIES
With a $10 Deposit
Deposit $10 and Get 2 Free Entries
Free NBA and One Sports Contest Entry
Watch Sports, Play Fantasy, Win Cash!
To Claim: Click Play Now
High Point Key Players
- The Panthers points and assists leader is John-Michael Wright. He scores 18.4 points per game and adds 3.5 assists.
- High Point’s rebounding leader is Zach Austin, who pulls down 7.8 per game.
- Austin is the top three-point shooter for the Panthers, knocking down 2.1 per game.
- Bryant Randleman leads the team with 1.6 steals per game. Austin collects 2.2 blocks an outing to pace High Point.
Hampton Key Players
- Najee Garvin holds the top Pirates spot in two categories: scoring (15.2 points per game) and rebounding (6.3 rebounds per game).
- Russel Dean puts in work dishing out assists and is Hampton’s assist leader with 3.9 per game.
- Marquis Godwin makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pirates, cashing in 2.1 treys per game.
- Nobody on Hampton grabs more steals than Dean (1.1 per game) or blocks more shots than Dajour Dickens (2.6 per game).