The Colorado Rockies (20-24) play the Washington Nationals (16-30) Friday for the second game of their 4-game series in Washington. First pitch is 7:05 p.m. ET at Nationals Park. Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Rockies vs. Nationals odds with MLB picks and predictions.
The season series between the two teams is tied 2-2.
The Rockies lost the opener 7-3 Thursday. They have lost 4 out of their last 5 games and 8 of their last 11. Colorado is 1-3 on its current road trip and has dropped 7 of its last 8 road contests.
The Nationals have won 2 games in a row. They are 7-17 at home this season, the worst mark in baseball.
Rockies at Nationals projected starters
LHP Austin Gomber vs. RHP Aaron Sanchez
Gomber (2-4, 4.11 ERA) makes his 9th start. He has a 1.20 WHIP, 2.5 BB/9 and 6.7 K/9 through 46 IP.
- Took the loss 2-0 with 2 ER on 7 H and 2 K across 7 IP in his last outing vs. the New York Mets.
- Is 1-2 with a 4.13 ERA over 24 innings at home and 1-2 with a 4.09 ERA across 22 innings on the road.
Sanchez (3-3, 7.16 ERA) makes his 7th start. He has a 1.70 WHIP, 2.6 BB/9 and 4.2 K/9 through 27 2/3 IP.
- Faced the Rockies in Denver May 5 and took the loss with 7 runs (6 earned) allowed on 6 hits through 4 1/3 innings.
- Allowed a season-low 2 ER on 7 hits over 5 innings against the Milwaukee Brewers Sunday in his last start, his best outing of the season.
Rockies at Nationals odds and lines
- Money line (ML): Rockies -105 (bet $105 to win $100) | Nationals -115 (bet $115 to win $100)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Rockies -1.5 (+145) | Nationals +1.5 (-180)
- Over/Under (O/U): 9.5 (O: -102 | U: -122)
Rockies at Nationals picks and predictions
Rockies 6, Nationals 4
This makes for an interesting matchup, as the Rockies are tied for the fewest road wins in the MLB and the Nationals have baseball’s worst record at home.
The Nationals have won 2 contests in a row but have not had a winning streak of longer than 2 games all season.
The Rockies have lost 7 of their last 8 road games.
However, Colorado had success against Sanchez the last time it faced him.
I LEAN ROCKIES (-105).
Run line/Against the spread
Four of the Rockies’ 6 road wins have been by 2 runs or more.
Twenty-six of the Nationals’ 30 losses this season have been by at least 2 runs.
Washington has not won more than 1 game in any series since taking 2 of 3 from the Giants April 29-May 1.
I LEAN ROCKIES -1.5 (+145).
Three of the 4 games between the Rockies and Nationals have had 10 or more runs, including the series opener Thursday.
Each of Sanchez’s last 5 starts has had 10 runs or more.
Four of Gomber’s 8 starts have had totals of 10 or more.
Take OVER 9.5 (-102).
BaseballHQ Fantasy Baseball
BaseballPress.com: Your source for every MLB lineup