The Colorado Rockies (46-58) and San Diego Padres (58-46) tangle in a Tuesday twin bill at Petco Park. Game 2 is slated for a 10:10 p.m. ET 1st pitch. Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Rockies vs. Padres Game 1 odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Season series: Colorado leads 8-4 (won-loss records and season series through Monday).
The Rockies are on the road after a 6-game home stand that saw them go 2-4 against the Chicago White Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers. Colorado lost Monday’s series opener 7-4 and is just 5-13 on the road since June 21.
The Padres are 6-4 since the break. San Diego hit 2 home runs Monday and has 10 through 4 games on its current home stand.
Rockies at Padres projected starters
RHP Jose Urena vs. RHP Reiss Knehr
Urena (1-3, 4.67 ERA) has appeared in 9 games (5 as a starter). He has a 1.62 WHIP, 4.7 BB/9 and 4.9 K/9 in 34 2/3 IP.
- Current San Diego bats own an aggregate .834 OPS against him
- Has allowed 16 R(12 ER) over 2 starts (8 1/3 IP) since the break.
Knehr (0-0, 0.00 ERA) is tabbed for his 1st start of the season. In 3 relief appearances, he’s logged a 0.36 WHIP, 0.0 BB/9 and 7.6 K/9 in 8 1/3 IP.
- Has been in the minors since July 12. Owns a 6.05 ERA over the last 2 months.
- Registered a 4.97 in a 29-inning rookie season a year ago. Made 2 starts against Colorado in 2021: 3 ER in 6 2/3 IP.
- Has faced the Rockies in all 3 of his games this season and in 6 of 15 career games.
Rockies at Padres odds and lines
- Money line: Rockies +155 (bet $100 to win $155) | Padres -190 (bet $190 to win $100)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Rockies +1.5 (-130) | Padres -1.5 (+105)
- Over/Under (O/U): 8.5 (O: -112 | U: -108)
Rockies at Padres picks and predictions
Padres 5, Rockies 3
Colorado has the 2nd-worst road record in the league (16-31) and is tough to bet outright away from Coors Field PASS.
Run line/Against the spread
A bullpen game helps the home team in this one. The Padres pen had a shaky July but alongside some bad-luck numbers along the margins.
The Rockies struggle mightily on the road, and Urena has looked lost of late.
TAKE THE PADRES -1.5 (+105).
Both bullpens figure as having skills being underplayed in surface numbers.
The Padres’ offense has been lackluster at home; Colorado’s offense has been a bottom-5 outfit on the road. Both offenses are swung around to their worst platoon side against right-handers.
On a breeze-in evening at pitcher-friendly Petco BACK THE UNDER 8.5 (-108).
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
BaseballHQ Fantasy Baseball
BaseballPress.com: Your source for every MLB lineup