The Colorado Rockies (30-37) open a 6-game road trip Tuesday with the 1st of a 3-game series against the Miami Marlins (29-36), who open a 6-game homestand. First pitch is 6:40 p.m. ET at loanDepot Park. Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Rockies vs. Marlins odds with MLB picks and predictions.
The Rockies lead the season series 2-1.
After being swept by the Cleveland Guardians in a 3-game series at home, the Rockies have won 3 straight after sweeping the San Diego Padres last weekend. They are 7-10 in their last 17 games.
The Marlins are coming off a 4-6 road trip. They lost 3 of 4 games to the New York Mets and have dropped 4 of their last 5.
Rockies at Marlins projected starters
RHP Ryan Feltner vs. LHP Daniel Castano
Feltner (1-2, 4.85 ERA) makes his 6th start. He has a 1.15 WHIP, 2.4 BB/9 and 10.0 K/9 in26 IP.
- Rockies lost 2-1 to the Padres in his June 11 start; he allowed 1 R, 2 H, 1 BB and 6 K in 6 IP.
- Has allowed 2 or fewer runs in 3 of his 5 starts this season.
Castano (0-1, 0.00 ERA) makes his 2nd start in 5 appearances. He has a 1.13 WHIP, 2 BB and 5 K in 10 2/3 IP.
- Pitched 6 2/3 scoreless innings, with 5 H, 2 BB and 3 K in his 1st start of season June 15 vs. Philadelphia.
- In 11 career starts, he is 0-4 with a 3.80 ERA.
Rockies at Marlins odds and lines
- Money line (ML): Rockies +105 (bet $100 to win $105) | Marlins -130 (bet $130 to win $100)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Rockies +1.5 (-200) | Marlins -1.5 (+160)
- Over/Under (O/U): 7.5 (O: -122 | U: -102)
Rockies at Marlins picks and predictions
Marlins 6, Rockies 3
The Rockies, despite going 4-3 on their last road trip, are tied for the fewest road wins in baseball with 11.
The Marlins are 15-14 at home this season and have won 6 of their last 8 games there.
Because these are 2 teams that have not been great this season, the price on the money line here is worth it for the home team.
Take the MARLINS (-130).
Run line/Against the spread
The Marlins are 35-30 ATS overall this season but only 14-15 ATS at home. They have covered the spread in 7 of their last 11. Six of their last 7 wins are by 2 or more runs.
The Rockies are 15-14 ATS on the road this season. Fourteen of their 18 road losses this season have been by 2 or more runs.
Take the MARLINS -1.5 (+160).
All 3 of their games in Denver had 8 or more runs.
Four of the Rockies’ last 5 games have had 8 or more runs.
Seven of the last 13 for the Marlins have had 8 or more.
Take OVER 7.5 (-122).
BaseballHQ Fantasy Baseball
BaseballPress.com: Your source for every MLB lineup