The top-seeded Miami Heat host the No. 2 seed Boston Celtics Wednesday for a pivotal Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals at FTX Arena. The series is tied 2-2 and tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET (ESPN). Below, we look at the Celtics vs. Heat odds and lines, and make our expert NBA picks, predictions and bets.
Boston evened the series Monday with a 102-82 Game 4 beatdown at home. The Heat missed their first 14 field goals and the starting 5 scored the fewest points (18) by a playoff team’s starting lineup since 1970-71.
Celtics All-Star SF Jayson Tatum lit up the Heat for 31 points on 8-for-16 shooting with 8 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 blocks, and Boston outperformed Miami in three of the “four factors” Monday.
Also see: Bet Slippin’ Podcast: Boston Celtics, Miami Heat Game 5
Celtics at Heat odds and lines
- Money line (ML): Celtics -145 (bet $145 to win $100) | Heat +120 (bet $100 to win $120)
- Against the spread: Celtics -2.5 (-115) | Heat +2.5 (-107)
- Over/Under: 203.5 (O: -112 | U: -108)
Celtics at Heat key injuries
- PG Marcus Smart (ankle) questionable
- C Robert Williams III (knee) questionable
- PG Tyler Herro (groin) questionable
- PG Kyle Lowry (hamstring) questionable
- SG Max Strus (hamstring) questionable
- PF P.J. Tucker (knee) questionable
- PG Gabe Vincent (hamstring) questionable
Celtics at Heat picks and predictions
Heat 107, Celtics 102
PASS with a strong lean toward the Heat (+120).
I like Miami getting points and will generally sprinkle on an underdog’s ML when betting it to cover.
Money is pouring in on the Celtics, so the Heat’s ML will get fatter if they get bad injury news. Wait until closer to the tip-off to get a better price for Miami, both ATS and on the ML.