The No. 1 seed Baylor Bears (27-6) will try to secure a place in the Sweet 16 in an NCAA Tournament second round matchup against the No. 8 seed North Carolina Tar Heels (25-9) on Saturday at , tipping off at TBA. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Bears’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Tar Heels ( ).
Baylor Offense Vs. North Carolina Defense
|Baylor Offense||Stats (Rank)||North Carolina Defense|
|76.8 (43)||Points/Gm||71.5 (246)|
|67.6 (193)||Possessions/Game||70.1 (243)|
|46.6 (46)||Field Goal %||43.1 (176)|
|34.7 (118)||3PT %||34.6 (242)|
|53.2 (59)||Effective FG %||49.5 (176)|
|56.1 (73)||True Shooting %||52.4 (173)|
North Carolina Offense Vs. Baylor Defense
|North Carolina Offense||Stats (Rank)||Baylor Defense|
|78 (31)||Points/Gm||63.2 (31)|
|69.9 (97)||Possessions/Game||67.8 (126)|
|45.3 (106)||Field Goal %||42.4 (133)|
|36.2 (55)||3PT %||29.8 (21)|
|52.2 (92)||Effective FG %||47.7 (92)|
|56.3 (67)||True Shooting %||50.5 (75)|
Baylor Betting Insights
- Baylor has compiled a 17-16-1 ATS record so far this year.
- When playing as at least 5.5-point favorites this season, the Bears have an ATS record of 12-12-1.
- Baylor and its opponents have combined to hit the over 18 out of 34 times this season.
- In 10 of 34 games this season, Baylor and its opponents have combined to score more than 149 points.
- Bears outings this year have an average point total of 138.5, 10.5 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
North Carolina Betting Insights
- North Carolina has compiled a 17-16-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Tar Heels have been an underdog by 5.5 points or more two times this year, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to hit the over 20 out of 34 times this season.
- North Carolina’s games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 149 points in 19 of 34 outings.
- The average total for Tar Heels games this season is 147.7 points, 1.3 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Baylor Key Players
- James Akinjo leads the Bears in scoring (13.3 points per game) and assists (5.8 assists per game).
- Baylor is led in rebounds by Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua’s 6.8 per game.
- Adam Flagler is the top three-point shooter for the Bears, hitting 2.4 per game.
- Baylor’s steals leader is Akinjo, who collects two per game. Flo Thamba leads the team averaging one block a game.
North Carolina Key Players
- Armando Bacot has the top Tar Heels spot in two categories: scoring (16.5 points per game) and rebounding (12.4 rebounds per game).
- Caleb Love puts in work giving out assists and is North Carolina’s assist leader with 3.7 per game.
- Brady Manek is tops from three-point range for the Tar Heels, hitting 2.4 treys per game.
- North Carolina’s Love has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.1 per game and Bacot is first in blocks with 1.6 per game.