The Atlanta Hawks (1-3) visit FTX Arena Tuesday to take on the Miami Heat (3-1). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET. Below, we look at the Hawks vs. Heat Game 5 odds and lines, and make our expert NBA picks, predictions and bets.
The Heat are going to have a chance to join the Boston Celtics in punching their ticket to the second round.
The Hawks did avoid a potential sweep in Game 3 with a 111-110 victory. Game 4 was all Miami again though as the Heat pulled away in the second quarter by outscoring Atlanta 30-15 en route to a 110-86 victory.
Miami’s starting G Kyle Lowry will again be out. Among players who have yet to miss a postseason game, F Jimmy Butler ranks second in scoring at 30.5 points per game. Atlanta has had no answer for his aggression.
Atlanta has also had a hard time offensively as G Trae Young has struggled against an ultra-versatile Heat lineup. Young is averaging just 16.5 points per game and shooting 35.1% from the field.
Hawks at Heat odds and lines
- Money line: Hawks +250 (bet $100 to win $250) | Heat -320 (bet $320 to win $100)
- Against the spread (ATS): Hawks +7.5 (-122) | Heat -7.5 (-102)
- Over/Under (O/U): 217.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Hawks at Heat key injuries
- F Bogdan Bogdanovic (knee) questionable
- C Clint Capela (knee) questionable
- G Lou Williams (back) out
- G Kyle Lowry (hamstring) out
- F P.J. Tucker (calf) questionable
- G Gave Vincent (toe) probable
Hawks at Heat picks and predictions
Heat 113, Hawks 103
The Heat (-320) are far too pricey to suggest, and I’d stay away from predicting the upset as Miami outscored Atlanta by a combined 34 points at home through the first two games.