The Atlanta Braves (43-32) and Philadelphia Phillies (39-36) meet Thursday at 6:05 p.m. ET to cap off a 3-game series at Citizens Bank Park. Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Braves vs. Phillies odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Season series: Atlanta leads 3-2.
The Braves beat the Phillies 4-1 Wednesday after winning 5-3 Tuesday and are looking to pull off the sweep. Atlanta is 11-2 with an .848 OPS in its last 13 games away from home.
The Phillies have pitched well in June, but the bats have been in and out. Of late, they seem to be out: Philadelphia is 3-6 with a .580 OPS in its last 9 games.
Braves at Phillies projected starters
RHP Ian Anderson vs. RHP Aaron Nola
Anderson (6-4, 4.60 ERA) is making his 15th start of the season. He has a 1.45 WHIP, 4.4 BB/9 and 7.9 K/9 in 74 1/3 IP.
- Now in his 3rd season, he has a 3.25 ERA in his first 30 MLB starts.
- Has struggled of late with a 5.40 ERA, 1.57 WHIP in his last 7 starts.
- Has pitched better on the road than at home: 3.55 ERA, 1.27 WHIP.
Nola (4-5, 2.98 ERA) has registered a 0.90WHIP, 1.2 BB/9 and 10.2 K/9 in 96 2/3 IP.
- Has 0.90 ERA, 0.83 WHIP over last 40 IP in his last 4 starts.
- Current Atlanta batters own a .757 OPS against him.
Braves at Phillies odds and lines
- Money line: Braves +130 (bet $100 to win $130) | Phillies -160 (bet $160 to win $100)
- Run line (RL): Braves +1.5 (-160) | Phillies -1.5 (+130)
- Over/Under (O/U): 8.5 (O: -115 | U: -107)
Braves at Phillies picks and predictions
Phillies 4, Braves 3
Atlanta has the much hotter offense of late, and it’s one that performs quite well on the road. But Nola is the great counterweight here. His surface ERA is very much for real PASS.
Run line/Against the spread
The Phillies are a club whose June successes came against a suspect schedule. Atlanta’s numbers against Nola are encouraging enough to make for a small-to-moderate-confidence play on the BRAVES +1.5 (-160).
With Nola on the mound and a rested back end of the Philly bullpen behind him and with Philadelphia’s recent scoring issues BACK THE UNDER 8.5 (-107).
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
BaseballHQ Fantasy Baseball
BaseballPress.com: Your source for every MLB lineup