The Arizona Diamondbacks (38-48) kick off a 6-game road trip Monday night with the 1st of 3 games against the San Francisco Giants (43-41). First pitch is 9:45 p.m. ET at Oracle Park. Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Diamondbacks vs. Giants odds with MLB picks and predictions.
The Diamondbacks lead the season series 2-1.
After taking 2 of 3 games from the Giants at home, the Diamondbacks lost 3 of 4 to the Colorado Rockies. They have lost 6 of their last 9 games overall and have fallen into a tie for last place in the NL West.
The Giants won the last 2 games of their road series against the San Diego Padres to salvage a tie in the series. They are 3-8 in their last 11 games.
Diamondbacks at Giants projected starters
RHP Merrill Kelly vs. RHP Alex Cobb
Kelly (7-5, 3.42 ERA) makes his 18th start. He has a 1.23 WHIP, 3.1 BB/9 and 7.4 K/9 in 97 1/3 IP.
- Pitched well in a no-decision in his last outing, a 7-5 loss Wednesday to the Giants with 6 1/3 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 3 BB and 6 K.
- Has allowed 2 or fewer earned runs in 10 of 17 starts this season.
Cobb (3-3, 4.74 ERA) makes his 13th start. He has a 1.37 WHIP, 2.5 BB/9 and 9.3 K/9 in 57 IP.
- No-decision in Giants’ 7-5 win over the D-backs Wednesday with 6 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 1 BB and 3 K.
- Prior to Wednesday’s start, he allowed only 4 ER in 19 1/3 innings over 4 starts.
Diamondbacks at Giants odds and lines
- Money line (ML): Diamondbacks +130 (bet $100 to win $130) | Giants -160 (bet $160 to win $100)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Diamondbacks +1.5 (-165) | Giants -1.5 (+133)
- Over/Under (O/U): 7.5 (O: -122 | U: -102)
Diamondbacks at Giants picks and predictions
Diamondbacks 6, Giants 4
After a rough patch in May, Kelly seems to have gotten things back on track to match his early-season play. He has allowed 2 or fewer runs in 3 of his last 4 starts and 4 of his last 6.
Arizona’s offense has scored 5 or more runs in 8 of its last 10 games.
The Giants, though, despite winning their last 2, have been scuffling. Before winning their last 2, they had only 1 win in their previous 9 contests. They have scored 3 or fewer runs in 8 of their last 11 games.
Take DIAMONDBACKS (+130).
Run line/Against the spread
Arizona’s 48-38 ATS record is the 4th-best in all of baseball. They are 22-16 ATS on the road.
The Giants are 41-43 ATS overall and 14-27 ATS at home.
As previously mentioned, the Diamondbacks have scored 5 or more runs in 8 of their last 10 games. Their last 11 wins have all had totals of 8 or more runs.
The Giants have had 7 of their last 9 games with 8 or more total runs.
Take OVER 7.5 (-122).
BaseballHQ Fantasy Baseball
BaseballPress.com: Your source for every MLB lineup