The Miami (OH) RedHawks (9-11, 3-6 MAC) aim to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the Akron Zips (13-6, 6-3 MAC) at 6:30 PM ET on Friday, February 4, 2022 at James A. Rhodes Arena. The game airs on CBS Sports. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Zips’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the RedHawks ( ).
The insights in the following article are based off odds valid as of February 3, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET. Head to the table below for the latest lines for this game and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at FanDuel today!
Akron vs Miami (OH) Betting Odds
Akron Offense Vs. Miami (OH) Defense
|Akron Offense||Stats (Rank)||Miami (OH) Defense|
|71.9 (169)||Points/Gm||72.4 (270)|
|64.3 (335)||Possessions/Game||68.7 (143)|
|45.2 (117)||Field Goal %||43.2 (195)|
|34.4 (152)||3PT %||35.9 (305)|
|52.6 (91)||Effective FG %||50.7 (246)|
|55.7 (104)||True Shooting %||53.8 (257)|
Miami (OH) Offense Vs. Akron Defense
|Miami (OH) Offense||Stats (Rank)||Akron Defense|
|76.5 (61)||Points/Gm||63.3 (38)|
|69.2 (151)||Possessions/Game||65.6 (31)|
|44.6 (157)||Field Goal %||42.3 (142)|
|34.2 (159)||3PT %||33.6 (194)|
|51.9 (119)||Effective FG %||48 (116)|
|55 (130)||True Shooting %||50.3 (87)|
Akron Betting Insights
- Akron has compiled an 8-9-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Zips have covered the spread twice when favored by 7 points or more this season (in six opportunities).
- Akron’s games have gone over the point total nine out of 17 times this season.
- In eight games this season, Akron and its opponents have gone over 137.5 combined points.
- The average point total in Zips games this year is 137.9, 0.4 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Miami (OH) Betting Insights
- Miami (OH) has compiled a 5-12-0 record against the spread this year.
- The RedHawks have covered the spread twice this year (2-1 ATS) when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- So far this season, 11 out of Miami (OH)’s 17 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- Miami (OH) and its opponents have combined to score more than 137.5 points in 14 of 17 games this season.
- The average total for RedHawks games this season has been 143.9, 6.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
College BasketBall Pools
$20 Free Play On First Deposit
Plus 20% deposit match up to $500
To Claim: Click Play Now
2 FREE ENTRIES
With a $10 Deposit
Deposit $10 and Get 2 Free Entries (NFL & NBA)
Watch Sports, Play Fantasy, Win Cash!
To Claim: Click Play Now
Akron Key Players
- Ali Ali leads the Zips scoring 13.9 points per game.
- Akron is led in rebounding by Enrique Freeman’s 10.8 rebounds per game and assists by Xavier Castaneda’s 2.8 assists per game.
- Bryan Trimble Jr. is the top three-point shooter for the Zips, knocking down 2.9 per game.
- Akron’s steals leader is Greg Tribble, who averages 1.3 per game. Aziz Bandaogo leads the team averaging 1.4 blocks an outing.
Miami (OH) Key Players
- The RedHawks go-to guy, Dae Dae Grant, leads the team in both scoring (16.8 points per game) and assists (4.2 assists per game).
- Dalonte Brown’s 6.6 rebounds per game paces Miami (OH)’s rebounding effort. He also adds 12.4 points per game.
- Dae Grant leads the RedHawks in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.1 made threes per game.
- Mekhi Lairy tops Miami (OH) in steals with 1.3 per game, and Precious Ayah leads the squad in blocks with 1.5 per game.